We've found that GigMasters members with Profile videos are four times more likely to get booked. That tells you something about the importance of video to clients looking to hire entertainment.
It's easy to upload to YouTube but we hear from lots of our members who aren't sure how to get their videos from YouTube onto GigMasters. Never fear! KeepVid.com is here!
KeepVid allows you to easily download videos from streaming sites like YouTube. Plug in the URL (web address) of a streaming video and, like the name suggests, you get to keep it!
Here's how it works:
1. Go to your video on YouTube
2. Copy the video's URL
3. Go to www.KeepVid.com
4. Paste the video's URL into KeepVid's Download bar
6. Select the "Download FLV Low Quality" version
This will save the file to your computer, most likely to your 'Downloads' folder. Note: you may need a software update to use KeepVid.
Now that you have a downloaded version of your video you can upload it to your Profile. To do that, please follow these easy steps:
1. Log into your Control Panel.
2. Go to your "profile" tab.
3. Click the "Edit" link for "MP3 Samples and/or Video Samples."
4. Follow the instructions on the next page to upload.
Let us know how it goes! Enjoy your video!