One of the most important areas of your GigMasters Profile is the “description.” You’re given a large amount of space (up to 5000 characters) to describe what you do and what makes you special, so go ahead and use it! Although there aren’t any standard rules about how to write your description, here are some tips and best practices–
- Browse the GigMasters site for other Profiles in your category that have good descriptions. Especially look at 4 and 5-star performers – they must be doing something right!
- Contrary to what you might think – the longer description, the better! Our data shows that 5-star performers have the longest descriptions. In fact they average about 500 more characters (approximately 80 more words) than 3-star performers. Sure, you could describe your services in a few sentences, but why sell yourself short?
- The best descriptions are comprehensive, covering many areas including – a detailed description of your services, the packages you offer/different sets you play, who you’ve worked with, how you got started, and most importantly, what you do that sets you apart from the rest.
- Be professional. Proper spelling and punctuation are key to appearing professional. So, make sure to ‘spell check’ your description before placing it in your Profile.
- And please remember not to put any contact info in your description. If clients contact you around the GigMasters system, you’ll have no way of tracking the leads and bookings that GigMasters sends your way and your rating will not improve.