In just a few months - February 2012 to be exact - GigMasters will be celebrating its fifteenth anniversary. Fifteen! That’s a lifetime in internet years. Think of it this way; we’ve been around seven years longer than Facebook!
What’s really amazing is that of those fifteen years, in many ways 2011 was our biggest and most exciting yet.
So what are we so excited about? For starters, we are over the moon about adding our 10,000th active member. 10,000! That's a number that just a year or two ago seemed completely out of reach and yet, here we are.
But of course this means nothing if we can't keep our members busy booking and playing gigs. Ultimately that's how we measure our success and everything we do is intended to get you more gigs.
So how'd we do?
With two weeks still to go in 2011 we are proud to say that bookings are up nearly 5 % over last year. The same is true for total booking dollars – also up 5% vs. last year. With two busy weeks left in the year, we expect these numbers to be even higher by the time we close the books on 2011.
There isn't one single effort that brought this about, rather it's the sum total of a year spent working hard to drive more traffic to the site, get our members more leads and increase the value of our memberships.
Here's a quick review of some of our major 2011 accomplishments and initiatives:
Increased leads by 16%
- A pro-active booking initiative has our Customer Specialists making hundreds of client calls a day, resulting in thousands of extra bookings for our members.
- Launched GigMasters mobile - over 12,500 mobile gig requests to date.
- Streamlined full and portable contact forms to deliver more leads.
- New Client Control Panel encourages client-member interaction and booking.
Increased traffic by 10%
- Three new blogs (Life of the Party, Wedding Blog & Inside the Gig) and, approximately, one ton of content. Plus a 500% increase in blog traffic!
- New About Us page and company video.
- 100 traffic-generating event pages for Weddings, Kids’ Parties and more.
Improved GigMasters memberships
- Improved bidding page allows members to receive balance payments from clients.
- Increased audio & video storage limits.
- Made Profiles more social with Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ buttons.
- Improved useful tools like the Search Results Anaylzer and our Video Tutorial series.
...and that's just the tip of the iceberg. A whole lot more went into making this year a special one. Rest assured we have lots more planned for 2012, all with the goal of getting you more gigs.
We want to thank each and every one of our members, all 10,000+ of you, for a great year. You are our partners, our inspiration and, ultimately, our friends. Thank you for taking this ride with us. We can’t wait to see where it will take us in 2012 and beyond.