Let’s be honest – it’s often easy to get carried away with our New Year’s resolutions. Our hopes for the New Year propel us into a variety of long-term commitments that, for many of us, don’t last beyond the month of January. That’s why I thought it might be fun to come up with a list of practical resolutions… that you can achieve by the end of today. And did I mention they’ll improve your standing as a member here on GigMasters? That’s right! When simplicity meets success like this, you’ll find that you won’t need to make these resolutions over and over again each year. Instead, you’ll want to make habits of them.
So without further ado,
10 Member Resolutions You’ll Never Have to Make Again:
- Save the date: Take a moment to make sure the dates of all of your upcoming gigs are marked on your GigMasters profile calendar. You may even want to go back and mark off any past gigs you never listed there. It’ll show prospective clients just how popular your services really are.
- But don’t save that Saved Bid Response: Go ahead and delete any outdated responses that you don’t actively use. For those that use this feature on mobile devices especially, eliminating any extra Saved Bid Responses can help you navigate more easily through the ones you do use without any clutter or confusion.
- Tidying up your inbox: Think of it as some early spring cleaning. A clean inbox can help you quickly respond to incoming leads. If you haven’t already, try renaming each folder or creating a few new ones to help you stay organized when it comes to booked, pending, and expired leads.
- Listings clean-up: This one is a three-part resolution (but I swear, they’re easy to check off and will definitely help you get more of the bookings you want!) a. Categories: Update the categories you’re listed in so that you only receive requests that you can genuinely book; b. Event-Type: Update your itemized event-types so as to receive only requests for the kinds of events you’re actually interested in working; c. Travel Distance: Update this number to reflect the distance you’re really willing to travel.
- Browser update: It’s tough to not instinctively resist the constant updates that come along with today’s technology. But trust us on this one – outdated browsers can make your computer vulnerable and unsafe. We recommend checking out browsehappy.com for help!
- Make clients an Offer they can’t refuse: Create new Offers based on the upcoming seasons (i.e. Winter Packages and Springtime Specials). The drag and drop feature in the Offers section allows you to activate one on your profile in no time.
- Use those thumbs: If you aren’t already, be sure to sign up for our text message leads service. Timeliness counts for a lot in this industry, so being able to receive lead notifications on-the-go can give you a real leg up over the competition.
- Picture Perfect: We talked recently about the importance of putting up an eye-catching cover photo. This is prime real estate on your profile, so don’t wait to update this feature! Remember, 1200x238 are the ideal photo dimensions here.
- Media still matters: We said it once and we’ll say it again, media matters to prospective clients. When they’re on your profile, they’re going to want to see photos and videos of you in action. If you’re a musician of any type, you’re going to want to include audio files as well. (So while you’re at it, make an extended resolution now that you’ll have video footage of you recorded at your next gig!)
- Get social: You may be sick and tired of hearing people talk about social media. But in your line of work, having a social presence is critical. At the very least, make sure you’re on the Big 5 (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and LinkedIn). Whatever you do though, don’t just create accounts and leave them inactive. If you’re not sure how to go about participating on any of these platforms, follow our lead… by following us! We’ll certainly engage with you on all of them.
See? Those weren't so bad. So while you reach for that healthier snack option, smile knowing you’re already off to a successful start in 2014. Happy New Year!